2017 STIHL MS 661 C-M
Call for Price
Professional Chain Saw
The MS 661 C-M chain saw is equipped with cutting-edge technologies for the best possible performance for the logging and harvesting industries. It boasts a high power-low weight ratio and is the lightest chain saw in its engine displacement class. The extra powerful and efficient delayed stratified scavenging engine allows you to work effectively, thanks to its high cutting performance and low emissions. It features the M-Tronic™ fully electronic engine management system, which uses a microchip to control the engine’s ignition timing and fuel supply, taking into account variables such as temperature, fuel quality and elevation. Take it to the max, with minimum effort.
- Displacement (cc): 91.1
- Power output (kW/bhp): 5.4/7.3
- Weight (kg / lbs): 7.5 / 16.5
- Bar options (in): 18, 20, 24, 28, 36, 32 Lightweight bar, 36 Lightweight bar
- STIHL M-Tronic (M): Fully electronic controlled ignition timing and fuel metering system. The engine management STIHL M-Tronic (M) system ensures optimum engine performance, constant maximum speed and excellent acceleration. Manual carburetor adjustments are not necessary.
- Heated carburetor (V): By changing the chain saw from summer to winter operation, the intake air is pre-heated over the engine fins. This ensures that the carburettor does not ice up and you can continue working in freezing temperatures.
- STIHL anti-vibration system: Precisely calculated buffer zones minimise the transfer of engine and saw chain vibrations to the front and rear handles. The chainsaw therefore runs noticeably smoother. This allows the user to save their strength and work longer.
- Reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- STIHL ElastoStart: Due to compression pressure, jerky stresses occur when starting internal combustion engines. The damping element in the ElastoStart special starter grip alternately absorbs and releases force according to the compression pattern. The result is smooth, even starting.
- Tool free fuel caps: Special caps to open and close the tank cap quickly, easily and without tools.
- Decompression valve: The decompression valve is part of the easy starting system. The valve should be pressed before starting to reduce the compression pressure when starting, as well as the effort needed to pull the starter rope. The decompression valve is semi-automatic; it must be pressed manually before starting, but then closes automatically.
- Compensator: This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- STIHL Ematic System: Compared to conventional bars without Ematic, the STIHL Ematic system reduces the consumption of chain lubricant by up to 50 %, depending on the type of wood and the cutting attachment used. This system comprises a STIHL Ematic or Ematic S guide bar, a STIHL Oilomatic saw chain and a variable-flow or reduced-flow oil pump. As a result, virtually every drop of chain lubricant is delivered to exactly the right spot.
- Side-mounted chain tensioning: The tensioning screw can be found on the side of chain saw through the sprocket cover. This removes the need for contact with the sharp saw chain.
- Controlled-delivery oil pump: The exact chain oil output can be adjusted manually for varying conditions, allowing for a reduction of up to 50%.
- 91.1 cc
- Horse Power
- 5.4 kW (7.3 bhp)
- 7.5 kg (16.5 lb.)
- Bar Length Options
- 18, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36 in.