2017 STIHL BG 66
Call for Price
Low noise handheld blower with anti-vibration technology
The BG 66 is STIHL’s quietest gas-powered handheld blower, featuring stratified charge engine technology that cuts fuel consumption by 20% and exhaust emissions by 50%, a semi-automatic choke, a stop switch to simplify the starting procedure and a two ringed piston for extended life. This powerful unit is ideal for working in noise sensitive areas.
- Displacement: 27.2
- Power output kw/bhp: 0.6 / 0.8
- Weight (kg / lbs): 4.4 / 9.7
- Sound pressure level (dB(A)): 65
- Air volume cfm: 371
- Air velocity mph: 143
- Anti-vibration system: Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to longer-term effects of blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL have therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system where by the oscillations from the machines engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles allowing for more comfortable and safer operation.
- Low noise sound damper: The BG 66 with built-in sound damper is built for use in noise-sensitive areas. The measured noise reduction for the human ear is up to 35% compared to the previous model.** Despite the relatively low noise emission, the BG 66 is a strong, reliable helper with high performance. ** Measured according to EN-IS022868.
- Reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Multi-function control handle: Easy, comfortable thumb-operated control means the operator's hand never leaves the handle.
- Manual fuel pump (Purger): A small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburettor at the touch of a button. This reduces the number of starting strokes required following extended breaks in operations.
- 27.2 cc
- 4.4 kg (9.7 lb.)
- Air Velocity
- 143 mph