2016 STIHL MS 291 C-BE
Call for Price
New all around reliable chain saw for farmers, landscapers and gardeners
The MS 291 C-BE chain saw is an all-around reliable unit for farmers, landscapers and gardeners. Powered by a fuel-efficient, low emission stratified charge engine with the Easy2Start™ system for effortless starting, and a quick chain adjuster for tool-free chain adjusting, this saw also includes an advanced anti-vibration system, and lightweight muffler to reduce operator fatigue. Part of STIHL’s new generation of fuel-efficient, environmentally friendly chain saws.
- Displacement (cc): 55.5
- Power output (kW/bhp): 2.8/3.8
- Weight (kg / lbs): 6.2 / 13.7
- Bar options (in): 16, 18, 20
- STIHL Easy2Start™ (E): A genuine advance in easy starting. STIHL Easy2Start™ (E) cuts the effort required to start the tool by half, while the starter cord can be pulled at just one third of the normal force. All it takes is 2 fingers and a gentle pull action.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (B): After releasing the sprocket cover the chain can be adjusted using a thumb wheel without the need for tools.
- Anti-vibration system: Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine's engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- Reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Advanced combustion technology: Four overflow channels swirl the fuel-air mix before ignition, allowing for optimum combustion and highly efficient performance. The result is lower fuel consumption and high torque across a broad rpm range.
- Pre-separation air filtration system: STIHL long-life air filtration systems with pre-separation achieve perceptibly longer filter life compared with conventional filter systems. Air drawn in is swirled. The larger, heavier particles are ejected. The pre-cleaned air is routed to the air filter via the pre-separator duct.
- Tool free filler caps: Special catches on the fuel and oil tanks for easy opening and locking without the need for tools.
- Compensator: This controller in the carburetor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburetor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Ematic chain lubrication system: The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption by up to 50%.
- Manual fuel pump (Purger): A small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor at the touch of a button. This reduces the number of starting strokes required following extended breaks in operations.
- Single-lever master control: All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.
- 55.5 cc
- Horse Power
- 2.8 kW (3.8 bhp)
- 6.2 kg (13.7 lb.)
- Bar Length Options
- 16, 18, 20 in.